Monday, September 6, 2010

Rent A Car In Advance and Save!

If you are planning to rent a car on your trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, it makes sense to do it in advance! Go to priceline.com, or another travel website, or you might try the car rental agencies online, like alamo.com or enterprise.com.

I always book from Alamo at the Orlando Airport. It's so convenient to book from Alamo, and the cars are a few steps away when you walk outside the terminal. Study that map of where you are going before you start driving, so you know where you're going! I've been here enough to know that when I get out of the airport to drive on the 528 West (a toll road), and that'll get you to where you need to go- to the I-4 West if you're going to Disney, or (in my case) to the John Young Parkway south!

Renting a car in advance can give you some good prices, and you'll know what you are spending before you leave home, pretty much. Some credit cards have protection from damage to the car, so check with your card carrier to find out about those benefits. American Express offers a service (for $20 per rental) where if I rent a car, I'm covered from bumper to bumper, and they become the primary insurance (instead of your regular car insurance carrier) in the case of damage to your vehicle. I also have my own liability insurance, in case I hurt someone or something with the vehicle. Of course, the car rental companies all offer insurance options (which can be pricey) when you rent a vehicle.

So, if you must rent a car during your trip to Walt Disney World, save some money by renting in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment